Good laid back lesson introducing us gently to our elearning assignment. i am much more at ease now. I had thought about it during the week but i had no clear idea of exactly what the assignment was about and what I was going to do. listening to my colleagues enthusiastically not knowing what they were doing either was great! Except for Ms Dynamic, Shirley who is well focused and zooming away. Well done Shirl.
Interesting info on podcasting. I had heard the term but had no real idea of what it was all about. Making a call and that call being turned in the ether into a email message! fantastic.
The podcast in a roundabout way gave me an idea for my assignment. My apprentices have been putting together a few pages on where they work in the college and how they contribute to the organisation as a whole. What I thought I would do is to get the students to turn their description of their work area into a mind map using MindManager. They would do this individually and then they would add all the 'cogs' together into the whole 'machine' which is the college. that would be one part.
Part 2 would involve the students filmimg each other as each one from each department describes their department and their role. This mini 'biog' would be available by clicking onto the relevant section of the mindmap, whereupon it would open and a student would tell you about their area and how they are involved. Howzat!! Might even sell the idea to the marketing department
Toodle-Pip
Hugh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment